I am definitely not normal… (sob… choke…) this sweet video (link below) made me tear up at the end. Seriously! You’ve got to watch it!
This made me think of my granddaughter, the one who is now (brag) a graduate student at Harvard. Years ago when my granddaughter was a toddler, she got mad at her mother (my daughter), for not letting her have her way about something.
In her two-year-old rage, my granddaughter gave her mom the most scathing put-down she could think of, something she had heard in one of her animated movies:
“MAMA! I WOULD NOT MARRY YOU IF YOU WERE THE LAST PENGUIN ON EARTH!”
When my daughter told me the story, she said, “The craziest part was when I caught myself trying to get my little girl to say that she really didn’t mean it, she would too marry me…”
Comments are disabled here, please visit the orignial blog. And watch the video! You’ll be glad you did!
Merry Christmas! 🙂
Follow me @LadyQuixote on Twitter:
*Linda Lee is my pen name
With the exception of public figures, all of the names I use in my writings are changed for privacy.
After blogging as “Alaina,” I have decided to use my real first name (with a fake last name), because I was on the Oprah Show years ago and she introduced me by my first name only.
When my memoir is published, I plan to make a book trailer using my clip from the Oprah Show.
My PTSD Posts:
- The New York Times “Likes” Me!
- Do You Worry About What People Think?
- Schizophrenia – 1968 (A Poem)
- Trauma Triggers
- OK…. So I’m Not the Poster Person for “I Was Crazy and Now I’m Sane.”
- When Haters Hate: Rocking Cellos ~ Shake it Off ~ and HOPE in front of me
- Do You Ever Feel ”All Wrong?” Here’s Why That is a Lie
- The Surprising Way I (Mostly) Overcame My Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Insomnia (updated)
- Complex PTSD is Not a Personality Disorder
- On Trigger Warnings: Access, Engagement and Resilience
- “The Narcissistic Mother”
- GOING CRAZY: a real-life horror story
- Broken Brain
- How to Heal PTSD
- Who Am I? (Updated with a PS)
- A Very Un-Christmas-Like Trauma Story.
- My “Real” Reason For Disabling Comments On My Blog Is Because… I Am Not 100% “Normal” and This Is The Best I Can Do At This Time
- We’re Not Just Getting Older, We’re Getting Sillier…
- Do We Have To Go To Church? – the text
- I Want to Hide (comments allowed*) — updated
- Another Scary Experience
- PTSD Re-traumatization and Self Isolation