Broken Brain, a short, deeply evocative poem by Kitt O’Malley, inspired me to write the following poem of my own:
First they said I was schizophrenic
then they said I wasn’t
later they said I had bipolar
then they said I didn’t
today they say I have PTSD
of the Complex variety
Who am I really?
I am a lost little girl
trapped in a grandma’s body
the broken pieces
*Comments are disabled here, please visit the original blog.*
Follow me @LadyQuixote on Twitter:
*Lynda Lee is my pen name
With the exception of public figures, all of the names I use in my writings are changed for privacy.
After blogging as "Alaina," I have decided to use my real first name (with a fake last name), because I was on the Oprah Show years ago and she introduced me by my first name only.
When my memoir is published, I plan to make a book trailer using my clip from the Oprah Show.
My PTSD Posts:
- The New York Times “Likes” Me!
- Do You Worry About What People Think?
- Schizophrenia – 1968 (A Poem)
- Trauma Triggers
- OK…. So I’m Not the Poster Person for “I Was Crazy and Now I’m Sane.”
- When Haters Hate: Rocking Cellos ~ Shake it Off ~ and HOPE in front of me
- Do You Ever Feel ”All Wrong?” Here’s Why That is a Lie
- The Surprising Way I (Mostly) Overcame My Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Insomnia (updated)
- Complex PTSD is Not a Personality Disorder
- On Trigger Warnings: Access, Engagement and Resilience
- “The Narcissistic Mother”
- GOING CRAZY: a real-life horror story
- Broken Brain
- How to Heal PTSD
- Who Am I? (Updated with a PS)
- A Very Un-Christmas-Like Trauma Story.
- My “Real” Reason For Disabling Comments On My Blog Is Because… I Am Not 100% “Normal” and This Is The Best I Can Do At This Time
- Some Days This Is All I Need To Do
- We’re Not Just Getting Older, We’re Getting Sillier…
- Do We Have To Go To Church? – the text
- I Want to Hide (comments allowed*) — updated
- Another Scary Experience
- PTSD Re-traumatization and Self Isolation